Tips To Inspect Your Roof
Roofing in St. Cloud
Do you know howoften you should have your roof inspected? Twice is the magic number that is recommended by your local St Cloud roofing contractor. Don't feel bad if you didn'tknow that becauseyou are not alone. Many homeowners do not think about what is happening on top of their roof but they really should if they like to save money.
If You Do Not Possess The Physical Ability To Get Up On Your Roof Safely, Do Not Hesitate To Call a Professional Roofer in St Cloud To Schedule a Comprehensive Inspection!!!
Examining your roof does not need to be complicated. As a matter of fact, you can inspect your roof with these fairly simple steps.
- Make a visual inspection from the ground - Walk around the edges of your property to start getting familiar with the condition of your roof. Make note of anything that does not look right or is out of place.
- Get up on your roof - Pull out the old ladder (makes sure it is safe first) and find a secure place to climb up onto your roof.
- Look for damaged shingles - Look for any shingles that are loose, lifted, broken, buckled, curled, cracked, blistered, etc. If it looks damaged, make a note of it and get in touch with a St Cloud roof repair pro ASAP.
- Look for missing shingles - Missing shingles are one of the main causes for major roof damage including water leaks, mold, damaged decking, etc.
- Examine your shingles - Look for any deterioration such as granular loss (found in your gutters and looks like fine sand), algae, rot, rust, stains
- Clean your gutters - While you are up on your roof you should check that your gutters are free of debris. Clogs can cause basement flooding, foundation cracks, and even damage your roof from backsplash during heavy rainstorms.
- Look for debris - Clear your roof surface of any debris such as leaves, branches, trash, etc..
- Inspect your attic - Look for signs of water damage in your attic from moisture seeping through the roofing materials.
After you have finished your DIY roof inspection, review your notes about what you found. If there are any areas that look troublesome, do not wait to take action. Call a professional roofing contractor in St Cloud pro ASAP to schedule a free estimate. If you do not feel comfortable inspecting your roof on your own safely, no problem! We offer free inspections and would be happy to send out one of our highly-trained
CALL CLEAR POINT CONSTRUCTION AT (763) 276-1655